Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Project Play - Week 9 - Wickis


Wiki What?
I had fun playing around in the sandbox but I've got to say, I had a hard time thinking of a way our library might use a wiki. The only thing I can come up with for now is a staff page. It would be nice to have a wiki that we could all add our favorite resource links to - a handy starting off page with no web editing skills required.

Initially I liked the community wiki for Davis, California but then I stumbled on to a page about some of the problems they've had with abusive edits and it was kind of a downer.

Maybe I was less than thrilled because I already have some web editing experience? Maybe I have control issues? I don't know, maybe I just missed something.

I checked wikipedia and found our community and our library represented. Good to know.

No comments: